Windows Server 2008 R2 domain has four forest functional levels. Setting up forest functional levels at the desired levels helps for backward compatibility, advances functionality etc. The functional levels can be configured during the installation of first Active Directory Domain Services in the forest. But if nothing is selected, the default functional level Windows Server 2003 will take effect.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Saturday, March 19, 2011
There are 17 Roles listed in the Server Manager of the Windows Server 2008 R2.
The following server roles are available in Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition.
- · Active Directory Certificate Services
- · Active Directory Domain Services
- · Active Directory Federation Services
- · Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services
- · Active Directory Rights Management Services
- · Application Server
- · DHCP Server
- DNS Server
- · Fax Server
- · File Services
- · Hyper-V
- · Network Policy and Access Services
- · Print and Document Services
- · Remote Desktop Services
- · Web Server (IIS)
- · Windows Deployment Services
- · Windows Server Update Services
The Initial Configuration Tasks window in Windows Server 2008, by default will load at the start up of the Windows. But we can disable its loading by checking the radio button, 'Do Not Show This Window At Logon'.
But in case if you want to load it during another time, you can open Run and type 'Oobe.exe' and load the Initial Configuration window.